C Cleaner problem

Andsome 09:28 05 Nov 09

This problem started this morning, C Cleaner reaches 6% in a flash and then sticks for about 30 seconds before flashing across to finish. I have uninstalled it and reinstalled it to no avail.

johndrew 10:05 05 Nov 09

I presume it is cleaning properly?

I`m unsure of the cause, but occassionally mine does the same. I think it could be down to CPU/GPU loading but as it works fine I don`t worry about it.

Kevscar1 10:09 05 Nov 09

Mine goes to 25% then sticks for a long time but it does the job so I don't worry about it.
If you look at what it,s cleaning C:\ whatever you can see it going through the files.

Andsome 11:50 05 Nov 09

Since posting the topic I have done a system restore to a point yesterday prior to updating Java. The problem is now solved, I wonder if it was the Java update that caused the problem.

provider 2 12:03 05 Nov 09

I`m not sure that it is a problem exactly, just that there is always a large number of temporary Java files to be deleted after a browsing session, and this slows Ccleaner down a bit.

I think the default setting for Java files is 1GB but you can change that in the Java consul, advanced, to a smaller size.

provider 2 12:10 05 Nov 09

... sorry, General, not Advanced, though it does say for advaced users (which I`m not and I`ve reduced it to 500MB).

Andsome 09:10 08 Nov 09

Removal and reinstalation of Java solved the problem.

Input Overload 13:25 08 Nov 09

I don't have any temporary files in Java it's disabled, it's been like that on my PC's for years with no bad effects.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…