C Cleaner Email Is it genuine,

birdface 16:08 02 Nov 06

Hi Just recieved an e-mail from C Cleaner,Wanting to know how I got on with my latest download, Then there was a Click here part to get $20 Voucher,Looked a bit odd, So deleted it, Anyone else get the same letter,

rawprawn 16:13 02 Nov 06

Nothing here, how did they get your email address??

pcbobby 16:16 02 Nov 06

You may well have done the right thing.
I have never known C Cleaner to follow up with emails after a download.

The only time that you will get an email from C Cleaner is to advise you of the latest update version - which you will only receive if you make a donation.

Rossi#1 16:17 02 Nov 06

That sounds dodgy to me.If I remember correctly I wasnt asked to register with CCleaner so they shouldnt have your e-mail address.

birdface 16:28 02 Nov 06

Thats what I would like to know, Updated it about a fortnight ago,Got it from one of the treads on here.

birdface 16:30 02 Nov 06

Your right, It does not ask you for your e-mail address, You just download it, Will see if I can find there address and e-mail them.

skidzy 16:49 02 Nov 06

This may help buteman to register a complaint if needed.click here

Must agree with the rest,ive never had an email from them either.

birdface 17:17 02 Nov 06

Hi Skidsy,Could not find that contact address, So sent one to the parent company. Piriform. I have now sent another to the address that you supplied. If I get any response will let you know.

skidzy 18:04 02 Nov 06

Hi buteman,good luck with ccleaner.It will be interesting to know how you get on.

birdface 18:28 02 Nov 06

Just recieved e-mail back from that address that you gave me,It states that they do not send anyone e-mails, Unless it is to upgrade their product,Goes on to say it was probably spam and could I send a copy of e-mail. Unfortunatly,I use Incredimail, And have it delete any messages in delete folder on exit,So will have to wait and see if they send a reminder.

skidzy 18:34 02 Nov 06

Probably a good system you use buteman with deleting on exit.Nice to know ccleaner came right back to you,makes you feel assured of a good product and service.Pity i cannot say the same about Incredimail,had problems in the past with it and swore never again.

I occasionly get similar emails supposingly from Ebay,but basically do the same as you....delete them immediately.

Spam hey !! :-))

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac