C Cleaner Account Control Warning

schmollies 19:23 20 May 14

Hi, I have the free programme & when I go to Options, Advanced and try to tick "skip user account warning" a message comes up "the parameter is incorrect"

Any ideas?

Thanks, Ray

john bunyan 19:35 20 May 14

On mine, there are 11 items in the Options, advanced. I have never altered them. The ones ticked are, from the top, no 2,7, 10,11. Your item is no 10. Do you have the same ticks? I wonder if there is some incompatibility?Which other items are ticked? If it cant be resolved, it may be worth re- installing it.My version is v.4.13.4693 (W7 64 bit)

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 19:38 20 May 14

There is a new version out now uninstall old one and install new one and leave all boxes on default

schmollies 19:54 20 May 14

Hi John Bunyan,

I have the same ticks as you but not number 10 which I am trying to activate without success. I also have the same version as you.

Fruit Bat/\0/\

I checked for an update and it says I have the latest version.

Ray

john bunyan 20:58 20 May 14

*schmollies

I would try uninstalling and reinstalling.

schmollies 21:15 20 May 14

Hi John Bunyan,

I have uninstalled and reinstalled (the same version as you.)

Only ticks on 2,7 & 11 and will not let me tick 10. Same message "the parameter is incorrect"

Ray

alanrwood 21:43 20 May 14

In order to do its job Ccleaner needs to disable UA Warnings otherwise as it tried to delete some items you would get the message for every item.

This is usually done by an entry in the Scheduler under the title CCleanerSkipUAC I think so maybe that entry is corrupted. On my machine the entry in the Arguments box is <$(Arg0)> less the arrow brackets.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…