C Cleaner

oseven 16:05 06 May 06

C Cleaner used to clear all unwanted cookies but having downloaded latest version some weeks ago I have noticed it leaves behind cookies from the likes of Dealtime and Kelko.Is it possible that they have struck a deal with this type of web site to deliberately leave these cookies on our computers.If this is the case it's a shame as this was a very good little programme.Are there others who have noticed this or is it only me that is having this happen?

Belatucadrus 16:36 06 May 06

Well having done the requisite swanning about and picking up the relevant cookies, I ran CCleaner and as usual it removed them.

Browser Firefox 1.5.0.3
CCleaner 1.29.295.

So I'm unsure why yours is leaving them, have a look in Options / Cookies, Cookies to keep, see if they've been added to the list by mistake.

bruno 16:37 06 May 06

Have you checked which programmes are ticked and unticked?Things could have changed with your update.

beynac 16:42 06 May 06

Which browser are you using? I think that there are some issues with IE7 and cookies.

oseven 11:44 07 May 06

I am using IE6 and I have checked the Options for saving certain cookies,and Dealtime etc are certainly not amongst those I prefer to keep.

The Spires 12:18 07 May 06

I've just been on Dealtime & Kelko, then I ran CCleaner, it removed all the cookies both on Opera & Firefox.

oseven 14:52 07 May 06

I cleared the offending cookies manually then went back to the aforementioned sites and then ran c cleaner, all these cookies were cleared.Perhaps it was just a temporary blip.Thanks to those who tried to help.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Best Design, Illustration, Animation and VFX Awards of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced