bypassing username/passport at start up

Legolas 19:30 03 Apr 03

I have set up a username/passport at start up because I use remote desktop and you need to set this up to use it.I had this set up before and I know there is a way of forcing windows to start up to the desktop without having to enter the password.

cdb 19:45 03 Apr 03

can't you remove/delete the password?

watchful 19:54 03 Apr 03

Try Control Panel/User accounts and select box that says: 'Use the welcome screen.'

Legolas 19:54 03 Apr 03

cdb when you use remote desktop you must set up a username/password on your host computer that is asked for at startup the same username/password is asked for when you want to connect to your computer from a remote computer.

I had this set up before and I also had a way of forcing the computer to boot to the desktop without me having to enter the password at startup I lost all the setup after having to do a format. I was wondering if anyone knows how this is done I am wracking my brains to remember how I did it before.

Legolas 20:00 03 Apr 03

Hi watchful. When you use the welcome screen you do not have to enter your username/password but the computer still halts there waiting for the user to click on his/her account. I had it set before that the computer was forced to boot up fully onto the desktop. I am getting an inkling of how I did it will post back in a few minutes when I try this.

Legolas 20:15 03 Apr 03

Eureka I remembered how I did it I had to download Tweak XP-PRO and there is a tweak there that allows me to have a username/password but forces WinXP to bypass it and boot up fully onto the desktop. Thanks for the help ;-)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…