Bypassing the protection in Microsoft Word 2002

Can anyone help with a way to break a protected Microsoft Word 200 document? This is not the open/read access password; it is the internal protection to disable changes to the formatting and page setup etc.

There is a similar function in Excel which can be bypassed by simply copying the relevant sheet to a new workbook.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Diemmess 15:53 21 Mar 03

Have never used this facility but just looked it up in Word help

Open the document to show on the screen

From the drop-down tools menu select "unprotect document"

You will be asked for a password ???
Hopefully there isn't one, so just pray and press enter.

I do not have protected documents on this, so I first found Tools>Protect document, and did so.

Then next time round I noticed that Protect document did not exist, only Unprotect document, (which was reassuring!)

Unfortunately the document I need to make changes to has a password.

VoG™ 15:06 23 Mar 03

If you're prepared to pay click here

dude1234 15:12 23 Mar 03

Hello VOG. Doesnt this defeat the point of having a thread to talk about it. That company you linked to is hiding their knowledge...

VoG™ 15:15 23 Mar 03

It doesn't take a genius to do a search on Google to pick up password hacks. The trouble is they are on warez sites and you're likely to download a lot of stuff that you didn't bargain for (viruses etc.).

I simply posted a site that I know to be safe.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

iPhone 7 review: Enhanced cameras, a refreshed design and water resistance make the iPhone 7 an…