warthog01 12:21 12 Feb 11

Help

I just used the following recommended process to bypass the login page in XP:

Bypass The Windows XP Log On Screen

To make logon an unattended process:

Click [Start] [Run] and type
control userpasswords2
Click [OK]
The [User Accounts] Property Sheet displays.
On [Users] tab, clear the [Users must enter a user name and password to use this computer] check box.
Click [Apply].
Enter a user name and password that should be used to logon automatically in the dialog box that appears.
Click [OK].
Go to [Control Panel] [User Accounts] [Change the Way Users Log On and Off].
Uncheck [Use the Welcome Screen] and [Use Fast User Switching]

I entered the username/password as recommended for automatic login, but now XP doesn't recognise it! How can I recover, please?

MAT ALAN 12:30 12 Feb 11

I entered the username/password as recommended for automatic login.

I didn't do that bit and mine works, try going back to that bit and delete the username and password...

warthog01 12:35 12 Feb 11

Thanks Mat Alan
Problem is, I can't get back into it. When I boot now, I get the auto login window briefly, then an error message saying it's wrong username & password. If I can access the system again, I'll try your suggestion. Any ideas?

MAT ALAN 12:37 12 Feb 11

Try F8 and select "last known good configuration"

(tap F8 as you startup)

warthog01 12:42 12 Feb 11

No Joy, I'm afaid. Same error message @the system could not log you on....@ This occurs after the auto login window with the username I entered and a password appears--then I'm dead in the water.

VoG II 12:49 12 Feb 11

Maybe this (the free method) click here

birdface 12:53 12 Feb 11

Try safe mode and use the adminisrator account to sign in.

warthog01 13:17 12 Feb 11

Safe Mode worked--thanks very much. BTW, applying the original bypass process without the password bit worked as well-cheers!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…