Bypass administrator password in xp

THOMAS 21:42 18 May 04

Hi
Pc will not boot,has a corrupt registry when i try to repair after booting from xp cd i can not use command prompt because i do not have admin password the pc is a packard bell and came with os preloaded.the pc posts and xp logo appears then blue screen for 1 sec and then re boots.Can not use safe mode or last good config any ideas Thomas

Mikè 21:53 18 May 04

Have you tried just pressing enter when password is requested.

PSF 22:18 18 May 04

To do a repair installation of XP you do not need a password. If you boot from XP cd choose to install XP, you are then given a choice to do a clean install or a repair installation, choose the 'R' option for repair. Choosing the repair option you will not loose any data only the security updates and XPSP1 will be lost. You will then have to download SP1 again. You will probably have to activate XP again as well.

Giggle n' Bits 22:28 18 May 04

the sensible option would be to use the factory restore floppy or Cd that came with the computer.

You may have to access the BIOS but if this is locking out with a password also then you will have to clear the CMOS.

Trying to fix XP on the Packard Bells preinstall is not a easy job. Trust me, I have done them before.

User-312386 22:56 18 May 04

Are you sure this is a windows problem?

Failed memomry?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

iPhone 7 review: a range of small updates add up to an excellent phone

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How New York’s Stylin’ Seniors became a golden social media campaign

23 Apple Watch tips & secret features: Master your Apple Watch, Apple Watch Series 1 or Apple…