Buzz then black screen ?

curlylad 10:11 06 Oct 04

I have had no problems at all with my system , changed and/or altered nothing but this morning my screen has made a buzzing sound for 1-2 seconds then gone black straight after for a second and then everything is normal again. whats going on.

Win XP SP2 ,15.1" Triangle TFT monitor , 2.07 gigahertz AMD Athlon XP processor , MSI MS-6777 main circuit board .

Graham ® 10:20 06 Oct 04

The backlight in the monitor is on the blink (pun intended). This is a laptop article, but the principle is the same. It's a fluorescent tube, and they sometimes blink when turned on.

click here

Graham ® 10:26 06 Oct 04

Sorry, I didn't make it clear, the backlight may be about to fail.

curlylad 10:28 06 Oct 04

Can this be fixed or is it a new monitor , this is less than a year old ?

JonnyTub 10:40 06 Oct 04

try it on another system first, it could be the graphics card.

Graham ® 10:49 06 Oct 04

Less than a year old, it's under warranty. You'll have to dig that out to see if it covers the backlight. Also, some monitors have a two year warranty.

As JonnyTub, and try another monitor.

curlylad 10:59 06 Oct 04

Problem solved , some idiot was cleaning behind his work station yesterday and after pushing it back into corner dislodged the cable coming from the screen power pack into the mains supply so it was barely in the socket. I simply pushed it back in securely and voila .Just highlighting that it is always best to check the obvious first.

Thanks for the replies guys , and an interesting link from you Graham ® , makes good reading as there is a lot of stuff there that I didn't know so some good has come of this .

Graham ® 10:59 06 Oct 04

Correction, 3 years! For example:

click here

Graham ® 11:00 06 Oct 04

Glad you're sorted.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…