Before buying XP Pro...

InCog 08:48 21 Feb 03

I ordered a copy of XP Pro upgrade from Entec for £65 (inclding delivery; tel. 0845 0 700 002) through the student/teacher discount scheme and received the software the next day and it's up and running now. Insight.com is £10 cheaper but you have to send off to Microsoft for the software. I didn't need to prove any link to education (but I am a teacher, as it happens).

PS I've installed the XP fax facility but can't find a way of stoppping it from popping up every few minutes. What can I do?

Stokey 09:47 21 Feb 03

Can't help with your fax query InCog but suggest you start a new thread with an appropriate heading to achieve the best results.

Wrong - I have used Insight several times for the XP Pro Educational software and never had to send off anything to Microsoft. It is in the box as is the Office XP suite on the same licence scheme.

TBH1 10:14 21 Feb 03

Are talking about Office XP upgrade - - -or Windows XP upgrade ?

InCog 10:22 21 Feb 03

The chap on the phone at Insight misled me, then. Because he told me I would have to send off for the software (which is what I've had to do in the past). So that cost them a sale and me £10! The product, by the way TBH1, is Windows XP, not Office. Anyway, the point is it's a lot cheaper than paying £160!

Djohn 12:27 21 Feb 03

InCog, MY copy is from insite, £37-00 + vat. arrived whithin two days and is the full CD, just need to pop in the qualifying CD for a mo, during install. J.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…