Buying windows OEM advice please

willo500 13:59 20 Sep 07

Hi

I have been using a mac for a while now but would like to install windows to run via Boot Camp. I have seen OEM versions of vista home premium for sale for around £80. I would like to know:

1. Is the Home Premium the version I should go for? I know there are many versions. I am a bit confused by 32 bit or 64 bit and some versions are sold as 3 DVD sets which cost a huge amount more etc etc.

I just need it for some photo editing and other general office type tasks at home. I won't need to use if for work or anything.

2. Does the OEM product available just to buy on its own? I thought you had to buy something like a hard drive or the like before you could get it? Dabs just seem to be selling it on its own though. Can I be confident of not running into probs with MS if I bought it like this?

Thanks in advance for your help

Willie

Forum Editor 14:07 20 Sep 07

1. Probably, unless you want to use the computer in a business network environment. Get the 32bit version.

2. You'll have no problems with Microsoft.

willo500 14:32 20 Sep 07

Hi Ed and thanks for your help. I will order the 32 bit

Willie

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…