Buying Windows 7

Alan-Petrie 17:59 11 Aug 09

I have decided to be bold and buy a copy of windows 7, but before that just some quick questions.

First off how many pc can use a single key?

Secondly I notice home premium doesn't have "XP Mode" is this something worth having?

Finally whats the cheapest you have seen a copy of Windows 7 Home Premium retail scan has it delivered for £77.79 by the time its delivered.

Thanks Alan

GaT7 18:43 11 Aug 09

"First off how many pc can use a single key?" - only ONE

XP Mode is only worth having if you have software/hardware that doesn't run in Win7. Note that XP Mode requires a CPU capable of hardware virtualisation to work (run SecurAble click here to check this from within Windows). An XPMode-like arrangement may be achieved by using free hard drive virtualisation tools, e.g. VirtualBox click here. Compare Win7 versions at Wiki click here.

Well, as the deadline for pre-orders is over (expired couple of days ago), £77.79 will most probably be the best. But if you use a free delivery option you can get it for less click here = £69.75. Free delivery via click here (easier) or click here.

Also have a look at the PCA dedicated Win7 forum section click here. G

GaT7 18:44 11 Aug 09

Sorry, this is the correct Win7 PCA forum link click here. G

GaT7 18:51 11 Aug 09

'Well, as the deadline for pre-orders for the earlier discounted prices has expired....'

orienne21 20:20 11 Aug 09

click here

Best price I could find was at Currys.

£69.93 and free delivery

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…