Buying a tablet PC

myasalsa 21:51 25 Dec 05

Hi. I'm thinking of buying a tablet PC to help me take notes, as I'm going to start part-time study next year. I'm hoping it will save me time in typing up my handwritten notes after class. However, I recently read that tablet PCs can't convert handwriting to Word - is this true? If not, then can anyone recommend a good one? I've heard some potential problems can be calibration of the stylus and 'phantom mouse' problems i.e. if you touch the screen by accident, then the cursor ends up somewhere you don't want it. I'd be grateful for any advice, as I need to get a new laptop before the end of next month. Thanks.

Forum Editor 01:19 27 Dec 05

is to buy a laptop, rather than a tablet PC.

myasalsa 20:20 27 Dec 05

Is it true then, about the poor handwriting recognition etc. or is it better with the more expensive models?

SG Atlantis® 20:29 27 Dec 05

I once got surveyed by a chap in court using a tablet PC. He had to try re entering data repeatedly. My guess if he'd had a lappy then the time for the survey would have been cut by about two thirds. If I'm asked again it's a NO!

I'd go with a laptop.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch Series 2 review | Apple Watch 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter,…