Buying a second XP upgrade.

Sapins 13:35 16 Mar 05

I have bought an XP upgrade and when installing it I was asked to insert the CD of my previous version of Windows which was 98SE.

If I want to buy another XP upgrade can I use the same 98SE CD?

dan11 13:58 16 Mar 05

Yes;-) It will work, but you get into the one disk (98) for one computer scenario.lol

Is there a big difference in price on the continent for upgrade disks or are you buying from the UK.

It's just here, it's cheaper to get an oem of XP, rather than the upgrade disk. click here click here

You would have to order some hardware to get the OEM version, but a 99p mouse would do.;-)

Sapins 14:08 16 Mar 05

Hi, I would buy from the UK to get the English version and I would want the full disc, I don't think the price difference is too great, I just wondered as I am thinking of getting a second copy of XP for another computer.

Completealias 14:25 16 Mar 05

Go with a full version rather than an upgrade disk upto u OEM or retail OEM far cheaper thou

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch Series 2 review | Apple Watch 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter,…