Buying a replacement Laptop keyboard

bturner 02 Apr 12
Answered

Hi all,

I spilt a drink on my Laptop keyboard and had to take it out as it typing random letters all the time.

I am currently using a wireless keyboard with dongle.

Where is the best place to get a new Packard Bell Easynote keyboard and which numbers are needed? Model Number MP-09B26GB-6981 P/N: PK130C83007 S/N: 01031417765M KB KB1170G1960360449D1600

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 02 Apr 12
  compumac 02 Apr 12

Fruit Bat/\0/.

I think that the price shown on your link would only refer to the individual replacement keys and not the full keyboard. I recently obtained a replacement keyboard for my EasyNote and I obtained it at a price of £50. Mine was not the same EasyNote model as bturner's though. I had paid about £4 for individual replacement keys.

compumac 02 Apr 12

Fruit Bat/\0/\

Should have read your reply properly. You said "here". Not "this here" I misunderstood your reply. Apologies

Input Overload 02 Apr 12

Ebay

I have bought a couple of DELL keyboards for laptops off EBay with no problems - Worth checking feedback carefully of couse.

robin_x 02 Apr 12

Also check correct country spec ie UK.

Easy to buy a cheap US one. Or at least I nearly have.

markd71 02 Apr 12

Soak the keyboard in warm soapy water, rinse with warm water, wrap in a towel and leave in hotpress for a week or so, To test, seal it in a plastic bag and return to hotpress for a few hours, if no condensation you're good to go. Repeat if necessary.

KRONOS the First 03 Apr 12

What is a hotpress?

markd71 03 Apr 12

An airing cupboard..... where the immersion heater is.. hot-water tank

bturner 03 Apr 12
Answer

Many thanks for all the helpful replies.

bturner 03 Apr 12

Just wondering if anyone has experience with this company, I think they are in Hong Kong and I am in the UK.

http://www.gemwon.com/sp6497

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Should I upgrade to Windows 10? 8 reasons why you should upgrade to Windows 10... and 2 why you…

We are being sold the ability to spend money we don't have. And we love it

Encore creates eerie effects for Spielberg's new TV show The Whispers

How to set up Apple Music & make sure you don't get charged: Get Apple Music for free

We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message