Buying RAM Online

TechE 12:44 PM 08 Aug 11

Where is a reliable affordable place to buy RAM online? I'm after 2 x 4GB DDR2 6400S sticks for my laptop, and maybe some 4GB DDR2 6400E sticks for my Workstation.

The amount of sites a google search returns is overwhelming, can anyone recommend some trusted UK based sites to buy from?

lotvic 12:49 PM 08 Aug 11

Only one place for me - that's guaranteed and proved to be the best and use the scanner tool it will show you all your options.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 12:54 PM 08 Aug 11

crucial is not the cheapest however does have a scanner so you can find what is suitable for your machine and a quibble free money back guarantee if the ram is wrong or doesn't work when you get it.

spuds 12:59 PM 08 Aug 11

I buy some samples of new memory chips via eBay from the USA. Never had any problems so far, and it is usually a little cheaper including delivery (which can take 7/14 days). Ebuyer is another source, perhaps worth a look.

mooly 15:36 PM 08 Aug 11

Crucial provided excellent service and advice for me. On my laptop their online scanner failed to see any RAM ! Kept reporting zero RAM installed. Their online email advice was excellent though.

TechE 09:00 AM 09 Aug 11

Thanks for the help, I think I was kidding myself about prices, the 4GB laptop RAM is over £50 wherever I look!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best Black Friday deals 2015 live blog: When is Black Friday & what are the best tech Black Friday…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This is the animated Christmas ad everyone's tallking about

20 Mac Power User Tricks... That You Didn't Know