Buying Printer ... Advice please

Hetti 13:00 13 Mar 06

Im buying a new printer and I would like to buy a printer that I can refill myself or use compatible cartridges,
My present all in one Lexmark is just far too expensive to run.

Any advise please?

The Old Mod 13:18 13 Mar 06

The cheapest, possibly the best would be an Epson.
The R220 will also print on printable discs. The compatible inks are cheap from click here

fazer 13:44 13 Mar 06

Hetti

Its all down to what you use the printer for - text documents or photographs. In the latter case, Canon and Epsom are always up there in the top three.

I personally have an all-in-one Epsom used for photogrpahs and its worked perfectly for years. Quality very good and have no problems buying third party ink cartridges for a third of the price (I personally recommend Orink inks).

If you are into printing photographs, then have a browse through one of the many mags (Digital Photographer springs to mind). Most invariably have some sort of review going on.

Hetti 14:10 13 Mar 06

Thanks Fazer & The old mod

I will most likely settle on an Epsom, I print Photos now and again, mostly use for text.

So do all models use compatibles or do I need a certain one.

The Old Mod 14:15 13 Mar 06

Yes as far as I know, all of my printers have been Epsons, and have had no trouble with compatibles or getting them. You could look on the internet first, there are many sites that sell the compatible catridges.

pj123 14:25 13 Mar 06

I have an Epson R200 about £60 now. Very pleased with it. Compatible ink from click here

Also the R300 about £80, (added advantage with the R300 is it has a card reader built in.) Both printers take the same ink cartridges and both printers will print direct to DVD/CDs. You need to buy "Printable DVD/CDs)

Check out: click here

wallbash 17:42 13 Mar 06

Epson are great , have had ( in the past) the stylus 500/600/740 very happy with all three BUT now am delighted with a Canon ( i865)
Its quieter, and love the cassete which holds the 6x4 inch paper sheets, The i865 is now been replaced but the upgrade canon printers worth a look

sunny staines 17:49 13 Mar 06

look for one that gives software for ocr and photo editing.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Hands-on: Samsung Galaxy S8 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Samsung's beautifully designed Galaxy S8 makes for better VR experiences too

47 iPhone camera tips to help you take better photos