Buying a PC Tool Kit

sjp101 15:44 30 Apr 04

Well, what do I actually need? do I need a utility belt? No to that one! Could some one send a list of useful ideas, if they have time

dazzling 15:57 30 Apr 04

phillips screwdriver, possibly pair of long nosed pliers, antistatic wrist band.thats about all you need to build one.dazzling

bertiecharlie 16:03 30 Apr 04

Diskeeper Home Edition and Registry Mechanic are useful progammes to keep everything in order. Use them on two computers, one with ME, the other XP.

Defragmenting takes less than a minute, after the first defragmentation, with Diskeeper. Turns a tedious task into a couple of clicks. You can opt for "set it and Forget it" mode if you want.

I was a bit nervy about using a registry cleaner but have used Registry Mechanic on both computers without any problems. On the first computer it found 79 problems, on the second 99. It backs up the entries before deleting them.

Both programmes have free trial periods.

Regards.

Diemmess 16:09 30 Apr 04

Make that a medium size X-point with a magnetic tip, and that is it!

Perhaps you have been tempted by "99 piece offers" into thinking these are a must!!

Whatever use can you find for a socket set, adjustable spanner, or allen keys in the assembly of a new computer.

The skill comes in selecting the right components and understanding why they are needed. Assembly is easier than Meccano, most things will only fit in one place with suitable fixings supplied.

bertiecharlie 16:09 30 Apr 04

Chuckle, you actually meant a real tool kit.

€dstowe 18:01 30 Apr 04

Bit of Blue Tack to put on the end of your screwdriver to prevent screws falling into the depths of the machine when inserting/removing.

You could use chewing gum.

€d

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

iPhone 7 review: Enhanced cameras, a refreshed design and water resistance make the iPhone 7 an…