buying a pc to record tv

ererer 14:26 22 Jan 06

I want to buy a pc to record tv. I want freeview and to be able to watch one chanel while recording another so think I need two tv cards. I also wish for my children to be able to play games (mainly simms, james bond etc. -so not the most advanced games), or be able to use the internet at the same time. Do I need dual core?
My house is wired with coaxial cable from sitting room to all bedrooms so I would like to be able to connect the pc to this wireing so digital tv can be watched from different locations. Can I conect the pc to a tv with coaxial cable?
Finances are limited, should I get a basic pc and add bits or what ?
Any sugestions of specs I should be looking for or complete solutions would be much apreciated.
Thanks

Softstag 15:25 22 Jan 06

Buy a stand alone DVD Recorder with hard drive, and a separate cheap PC for games and internet.

ererer 17:45 25 Jan 06

Thanks for sugestion, worth considering , but I'm not sure I want another box near the tv, and would it be easy to edit a dvd with a stand alone dvd recorder?

Stuartli 17:57 25 Jan 06

You can do what you wish to do with a Freeview PCI TV card such as the Twinhan DVB-ter D+A. See:

click here

It will record one programme whilst you are watching another providing the two channels are on the same MUX.

ererer 18:35 25 Jan 06

Thanks for info. Can I conect to my tv with any card?
What sort of spec should I be looking for for th PC and any sugesgestions as to good places to buy from.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Samsung Galaxy S8 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

What’s happening in VR right now: From psychedelic art to combat therapy

Siri not working? Try these troubleshooting fixes