Buying over the net

misters 21:54 16 Jan 03
  misters 21:54 16 Jan 03

Hi i was wondering if anyone canrecomened good websites to buy from cheap.

I hear buying product from abroad can save money but i'm not sure what sites can be trusted and where to find them. I'm not really looking for anything in particular it can range from pc stuff to clothes, furniture, anything just want to browse and compare prices really.

Y2K_Phil 22:04 16 Jan 03

I use dabs.com they sell all computer parts and many accesories from cameras to TVs

The best way is to use a VISA card as there is the added secuity that if anything does happen you can reclaim it. Also use sites that have a varified by visa area this system asks you a personal question such as mothers maided name. This makes it more secure and anybody who gets into your account cannot spend your hard earned cash

User-312386 22:05 16 Jan 03

have you tried the second hand market click here or dabs click here or jungle click here or go to google click here and type in what you are looking for

madboy33

PurplePenny 22:15 16 Jan 03

Be careful when buying from abroad. That deal may not be so good once HM Customs and Excise have added import duty/tax/handling to it. I tried to find a list of what items get taxed but HM C & E wouldn't help. I found a general list on their website (sorry no URL) but it wasn't much help.

If you can find a Canadian site selling what you are after then the exchange rate is very good. I buy haberdashery from Canada and including postage it costs less than getting the same products sent to me from London (but there is no import duty on haberdashery).

PurplePenny

Sneakers 23:01 16 Jan 03

CDWOW - Fantastic for music as cheap as.....
Blackstar - Great prices on DVD films
Amazon - Books,Cd's,DVD,Video, some electrical etc.
Argos are online and a safe bet if you are nervous.
Most big UK names are on-line.
I second the comment about using Visa, really makes it safe.
And customs usually grab anything with a bit of value; below £25.00 seems safe, at least is has for me to date.
Lots of the recommended PC's from this site are available online, and a pretty safe bet.
Lots of great offers, lots of choice, go on give your credit card a workout!!

Patr100 10:39 17 Jan 03

Look here under shopping.
click here

Hotfingers 10:54 17 Jan 03

Try Watford Electonics for computer stuff click here. Empire Direct click here and RicherSounds click here for audio,visual,washing machines etc. Perhaps Haburi for designer clothes, although I have never ordered from them click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

iPhone 9 and beyond: 32 amazing future smartphone developments - graphene, supercapacitor…