Buying Notebook without Operating system

Jota 17:24 16 Jan 03
  Jota 17:24 16 Jan 03

Is it possible to buy a power notebook with out an operating system? After starting a Microsoft course for a MCSE, I was sent Windows 2000 Pro + Office XP to help with my studies. I might as well save some money and buy one that has nothing installed on it and use this to get the notebook up and running - or is this illegal?

Elrond 17:37 16 Jan 03

I don't think its illegal to by something without an OS on it. However I reckon you'd probably have to have it built for you with the request that no OS is installed, To be honest though I don't know how much you'd save not having an OS. Very little probably. GEt one that's got XP. You can then probably set up a dual boot OS so you can choose which you want to use

crimbo 17:38 16 Jan 03

Shouldn't be a problem if you buy it on-line or through a local independant store, might even save yourself a few quid! Good luck with the course

Lú-tzé 17:38 16 Jan 03

Not illegal, but not very easy either! Morgan computers often have an older spec laptop without and OS, but nothing very recent - certainly not a "power notebook".

Paul M 19:33 16 Jan 03

I've seen adverts for laptops without an OS at Lidl - can't remember specs. but price was £600 approx.

Belatucadrus 11:07 17 Jan 03

click here Net highstreet.com let you select the operating system, or opt out entirely and you can configure the machine to your own spec.

1st RHA 11:11 17 Jan 03

Your hardware is 2000compatable

your 2000 disc has all drivers included or...

at least the modem one or a separate one to download and transfer the drivers

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…