Buying Nod32

Major Disaster 13:26 16 Jul 05

Just a quick query, i was thining about switching from Mcafee to Nod32 and was wondering how much it costs to buy. But on the purchase site click here i am not sure which option i need. What is a workstation? Is this the option i need as i have just a home desktop and what is the difference between a 3 year license and a three year renewal?
Thanks

herc182 13:35 16 Jul 05

this is what you want:

New Users - (ex VAT) - Workstation Only Licences for Windows 95/98/ME/NT/2000/XP - Excludes Servers

bought one two days ago for a year. best AV there is in my opinion.

a workstation is your computer. a three year renewal means you have to have Nod32 in the first place TO RENEW.

Major Disaster 13:44 16 Jul 05

Thanks for that.
But still surely you would just buy Nod32 (1 Workstation (Home User) £ 23.00) and then the next year just renew is for either one two or three years (at the bottom of the page), so what is this 3 Year £ 46.00 about in the table of New Users - (ex VAT) - Workstation Only Licences for Windows 95/98/ME/NT/2000/XP - Excludes Servers?
Thanks again

bretsky 13:47 16 Jul 05

I know this sounds a bit of a daft question, but have you tried the trial version first just to see if you like the program and IT likes your system.

Am I right in saying that you have to uninstall the trial version before you install the full paid for version for an ordinary home PC?

bretsky ;0)

Major Disaster 13:49 16 Jul 05

No i havent tried the trial yet, i am waiting for a trial of ewido to run out, these are all kinda hypothetical questions just so if i do decide to buy (which i most probably will as ive heard such great reviews) i can buy it hassle free.
Yes i think so

bretsky 14:01 16 Jul 05

The reason I ask, like yourself I'm thinking of getting this AV as my Panda runs out next month.

Well actually it's between Avast, AVG or Nod32, so it will be interesting what other members say.
Sorry Major Disaster, you much think me a bit rude for hijacking your thread.......my apologies.

bretsky ;0)

Major Disaster 14:04 16 Jul 05

Lol i dont mind, i still want to know about...
But still surely you would just buy Nod32 (1 Workstation (Home User) £ 23.00) and then the next year just renew is for either one two or three years (at the bottom of the page), so what is this 3 Year £ 46.00 about in the table of New Users - (ex VAT) - Workstation Only Licences for Windows 95/98/ME/NT/2000/XP - Excludes Servers?
I have also though about these free Av bretsky to have as a backup and i seem to be finding that Avast is slightly better than AVG.

dagwoood 16:23 16 Jul 05

The 3 year option for £46 is the price for buying Nod32 and having 3 years of updates/support. You are in effect paying for the renewal upfront and saving yourself a couple of quid(literally).

Major Disaster 16:31 16 Jul 05

Oooooooooh ok thanks i think i get it now.
The renewal is for if you buy if for a year then decide you wana keep it, the three year saves you having to renew it each year and is for if you know your gona want to keep it, right?

dagwoood 16:38 16 Jul 05

Yep :)

Major Disaster 16:38 16 Jul 05

Yay! Thanks case closed

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…