Buying new system

habibi 18:29 13 Sep 03

Help!!
Now living in Germany and making do with an extremely old computer but wishing to buy new. PC's with good specs are reasonably cheap over here but most come with XP (German edition) which is an operating system to which I am not used too....at the moment working with '98. Should I choose to buy over here is it possible to download an English version of XP and will it overwrite the German version or is the process far too complicated and messy and it would be worth my while to jump on a plane instead and buy in the UK. Any advise welcomed - thanks - Alan

Legolas 18:38 13 Sep 03

click here Buy from here and get it shipped to you.

Lozzy 22:19 13 Sep 03

Why Not buy there and when on initial start-up set the language to English via the wizard. Or re-install win XP then set the language to English. You have to decide cost savings over the hassle of re installing.. Your choice!!

john-232317 22:26 13 Sep 03

Much cheaper in Germany as in Spain, ask for an XP in English to be put on, when you talk to the guy in the pc shop.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…