Buying a new printer?

albu 21:10 21 Mar 08

I have an Epson Stylus color 440. It's about 8 years and uses a parallel port. The print quality has started to go and I'm getting smudged, poor print outs. I've tried cleaning the heads with a cotton bud and cleaning fluid. And I've even tried a proper cleaning cartridge.

I want to buy a new printer that will be used occasionally to print, without the heads clogging up and being ruined.A Laser printer is out as toner is too expensive. I read somewhere of an inkjet were the heads were in the cartridges, I think?

Can anyone offer any help or advice?

Thanks in advance.

citadel 21:18 21 Mar 08

you can get a printer for what you need for about £30. I got a £29-99 hp and it prints docs and photos. the refill cartridges for all these sort of printers are quite expensive but you can get compatible ones for half the price or less from the likes of choice stationary.

FreeCell 21:25 21 Mar 08

Canon do one for £27.37. You struggle to find original ink cartridges cheaper than this, crazy! It's produces good quality output, well rated in the PC press so not a silly buy.

click here

GaT7 22:30 21 Mar 08

Canon Pixma iP1800/EN click here = £27.85 delivered.

Also from Dixons click here - search for 235748. G

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Best Design, Illustration, Animation and VFX Awards of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced