Buying new monitor .

ribo 10:27 13 Aug 05

I think my CRT monitor is on the blink. The black screen is now glowing a dull red.
I am thinking therefore of buying a new monitor and am drawn towards a TFT. 17". Either a Sony or perhaps a Iiyama Prolight.Recommendations would be appreciated. I do a lot of photography
Can anyone tell me if I can just buy one of these screens and that my Grphic card will be ok. It is a Nvidia GeForce MX 440 with AGP 8X. In other words does your graphic card have to be taken into account.? Thanks. J

Meshuga 12:38 13 Aug 05

Hi ribo, I have the llyama E435s 17 inch and am delighted with it. I had no difficulty installing it. I took it out of the box, plugged it in and switched on and all was ok. The only negative thing is that the builtin speakers are not wonderful but neither are those in my Sharp TFT. Hope the info helps.

ACOLYTE 12:41 13 Aug 05

The card should work with the monitors you mention,they may also have dvi connectors on the back so if you do upgrade the card you can use that instead of the vga,that is if the card has a dvi connector as well.

ribo 13:33 13 Aug 05

Thank you both very much for your quick and helpful responses. J

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch 2 review | Apple Watch Series 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter, water-resit…