BUYING A NEW LAPTOP TIPS

neeravjain 23:42 09 Jun 14

i am planning on buying a new laptop mainly for gaming on medium settings.i have a budget of under 1000$. are these specifications good for a laptop ?

15.6 inch 1366x768; Intel® Core™ i5-4200M; Intel HD Graphics 4000+NVIDIA® GeForce® 710M 2Gb; 6 Gb DDR3 1600MHz; HDD: 1Tb SATA; USB 3.0; Windows 8; 2.3 kg;

i am plannig to upgrade ram to 8 or 12 gb. will the newer games like watchdog and battlefield 4 work ?

SparkyJack 07:44 10 Jun 14

Like all things computery we are spoiiled for choice.

You are well on the way t to finding the the one to fulfill your needs,because the specs are listed,you have done your research.

Perhaps a little too specific.

Because the brands do things differently for a similar result,so dont get hung up on specifics.

For exeample,whilst geeks are certain to argue fine points,in use there little to choose between Ibtel or AMD in performane, and being a laptop you dont get to choose,as they are assenelages of common perts ,the 9nly difference really is the name on the lid and your choice of colour-black/silver or a seductive polychrome shade.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 benchmarks: Antutu, Geekbench 4, GFXBench and PCMark results

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This stop-frame animation tells a moving story of domestic violence for Refuge

New iPad 2017 preview: Apple's affordable but underspecced new iPad may appeal to the education…