Buying a new laptop - Semi Gaming

aaronoafc 12:23 23 Feb 14

Hi Guys

Quick question really, looking for a new laptop, just sold my macbook pro retina now I'm after a good little laptop for a bit cheaper. I don't game much but like to every now and then so I'm looking for a machine that will play MMORPG games to a good standard.

Looking at a couple - one from scan:

click here from PC World:

click here do you guys think?

One What

nickf 12:43 23 Feb 14

I have used Scan quite a few times for PC's and parts , and have never been disappointed. The MSI laptop from Scan is much more game orientated and is the more powerful , but no touchscreen , which I personally feel is a basic requirement to get the best of Windows 8 . I would hunt round a little more , you may find a bargain. I know there are some good deals on Asus kit at the moment , as they are refreshing there range .

aaronoafc 13:02 23 Feb 14

Any other decent places i can check out meck?

I've never really heard of msi, are they a good brand? Always hear about alienware but to be honest i wont be gaming full time i would just like one to have the capability to at a decent standard when it comes round too it

aaronoafc 13:24 23 Feb 14

Probably 7-800

aaronoafc 14:00 23 Feb 14

Ideally 15 inch

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…