Buying a new laptop, need advice? (gaming/usual use)

Emily89 19:49 PM 10 May 13

Hi all, I'll be purchasing a new laptop asap primarily for using spreadsheets and word at work. But i also travel to meetings for work very often and stay overnight in hotels alone, so would love to finally have a laptop which has the ability to play games, on high settings. I'll probably only be playing games like sim city and sims 3. I would love to be able to play games like battlefield etc but not sure i could afford. I have around £600 spare at the moment but probably could increase to 900 if needed. Will i be able to buy a laptop in my price range? for what i needed. If so, is there a particular brand thats better? etc.

Any help will be much appreciated, thank you

Nontek 09:44 AM 11 May 13

Have a look at Novatech.

A good choice, excellent and well known firm with great after-sales service. Also guaranteed no Bloatware, just your chosen OS. You should find something suitable in your price-range.

Nontek 09:46 AM 11 May 13

Forgot to add, look for one with at least an i5 Processor - there are several.

Nontek 09:49 AM 11 May 13

This one would probably suit you ..

enter link description here

Nontek 09:51 AM 11 May 13

PS - Where it says 'No Operating System installed', click on the black down-arrow to choose your OS, you will see the price change automatically.

mart7 19:02 PM 12 May 13

My son recently bought a sony laptop for gaming and its played all sorts of games,league of legends,battlefield2,tomb raider,all on medium setings and it works a treat,lovely laptop,he wanted the 17" screen version but we had to settle for the 15.5"

PlanetMyHero 04:52 AM 28 May 13

1) check top 10 best laptop brands from: 2) choose your favorite laptop brand and go to amazon or newegg

My suggestion based on your budget: Lenovo Y500 or Toshiba Satelite, btw Alienware is great though they are expensive, a litle waste of money

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Rugby World Cup 2015 online: Watch live, catch up on-demand & stream the 2015 Rugby…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

See immersive artist and storyteller Chris Milk speak at London VR event

What everyone thinks of the new Steve Jobs movie | 21 Facts about the Steve Jobs film | PLUS:…