Buying a Laptop: Help

LeedsLass 21:04 16 May 07

So I have £400 (£450 absolute tops) to buy a laptop. It will be used for digital home video editing, photos and surfing the www (maybe a bit of music downloading).

Any tips on which would be the best latop or what I should be looking for. I assume the processor needs to be pretty good (not that I know which is a good processor and which isn't) but anything else??

Thanx in advance

baldtaco 21:24 16 May 07

If it were my money I'd be looking at something like this click here

and use the remainder of the budget to top the RAM up

postie24 21:30 16 May 07

Have a look at this acer laptop click here

Technotiger 21:30 16 May 07

Hi, you will get better specs and prices here click here

An excellent firm to deal with.

LeedsLass 21:32 16 May 07

sorry forgot to say - it need to be bought from a shop cos we're going on Saturday to get it

postie24 21:37 16 May 07

Have a look in comets on saturday click here

Technotiger 22:02 16 May 07

Near Leeds? ... click here

Portly 22:31 16 May 07

Something to watch out for. If you are tempted to go for a dual processor type, you will need to ensure that your video editing program is capable of using both processors. Otherwise like me, you will find that your super duper new shiny laptop performs very slowly on transcodes etc, whilst one of the processors sits there doing very little.

Better to stick to the fastest single processor that you can afford, with 1 Gb of ram.

LeedsLass 21:27 17 May 07

Thanx guys/gals - this gives me something to work from.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Method Studios' title sequence for BBC series Taboo is truly unsettling

Best Pages for iOS tips | How to use Pages for iPad & iPhone: 6 simple tips to get more out of…