Buying a flatsceen monitor

georgieM 20:12 11 Nov 08

Please can you advise if there are any considerations i need to make before purchasing one.
Xp pentium 3,ge force 6200.I dont use the pc for gaming just surfing,TV,dvds and so on.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 20:21 11 Nov 08
  MAT ALAN 20:23 11 Nov 08

Please can you advise if there are any considerations i need to make before purchasing one?

How much you are willing to spend, what size screen you would like...

If there is an outlet anywhere that store them pop in and have a look around, what i'm trying to say is biggest is not always best..

have a look and see which suites you best...

click here

i have one similar to the one shown in the link, for all round "doins" faultless...

MAT ALAN 20:29 11 Nov 08

Interesting link...

DEAD PIXELS

there is a heading in the link with regards to "dead pixels" the following statement was supplied by a fellow user with regard to this issue if you are unlucky enough to purchase such an item that displayed "dead pixels"

"All contractual terms such as this are subject to the Sale of Goods Acts and as such a dead pixel policy has no effect if the goods are defective. Any patch on the screen noticeable by the ordinary user would render the goods defective."

Please note the term "dead pixel policy has no effect", this means they cannot enforce such a policy in law.

However if the goods are sold as either "defective", "B-Grade", "seconds", etc., and specifically state that the screen may have dead pixels, then they are acting within the law. These should be offered at a reduced cost. It is then clearly up to you to decide whether to buy or not..

georgieM 20:30 11 Nov 08

Thankyou for replies,Just wondering about different cables and wether graphic cards affect them?
I was thinking about a 22"?and up to £140?A lg one i was looking at
click here

MAT ALAN 20:46 11 Nov 08

(Gforce 6200) Not the worst card on the planet!!

My advice..
If you like the monitor "BUY IT"

georgieM 20:54 11 Nov 08

Thanks mat,but what about dvi hdmi etc what does that mean?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…