Buying a domain name

Gingermum 20:07 17 Jul 04

I already have a domain name using 1&1 and I can point it to a web page hosted by my ISP. This seems an excellent way of doing things. If I change host I can pop over to 1&1 and point the domain to the new host.
I am going to buy some hosting and yet another domain name. Are there any advantages to buying the domain name with the hosting package or any disadvantages to buying the domain name with 1&1 and pointing it to my new host.
Would welcome any views. Thanks.

barryoneoff.co.uk 23:38 17 Jul 04

six domain names with i&1 and can't fault them on speed or prices. I find their hosting excellent, with quite a few useful tools available.

Scotsman 00:55 18 Jul 04

second that. I'm very happy with 1&1 both for hosting and for registering domain names. Good service at good prices IMO.

spuds 22:10 18 Jul 04

Stick with 1&1, a good solid company. I have used 1&1 for about three years now, running eight domains, never had any major problems so far!.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…