Buying a Domain for E-mail

Sebby 17:29 09 Oct 06

I'm looking to buy a domain with some kind of email service. Ultimately, I want the domain for personal email and not for a website (perhaps a very, very small website may be put up eventually, but it's mainly for mail).

I don't really know what to go for. I use Microsoft Exchange at work (Outlook with Outlook Web Access) and I really like that setup (being able to access what looks exactly like Outlook, from a webpage, with all your emails there. But I don't know that this is definitely what I need (perhaps an overkill for personal email) so any advice would be great.

Also, can anyone suggest a 'method' of thinking up a domain name to buy? I know that may sound a bit strange, but all the obvious things - like my name and so on - are taken, and I'm not very creative.

Many thanks in advance. :-)

pj123 18:59 09 Oct 06

Don't know what you have tried so far but iamsebby.co.uk is still available.

So is i-am-sebby.co.uk.

There are numerous variations that may still be available. Try your name with your house number (sebby86.co.uk) or with your town

(sebby-corby.co.uk) etc.

Forum Editor 19:06 09 Oct 06

you'll need to register it, and the way to do that is via your chosen web host. Your name will have to be hosted so that you can set up mailboxes - most hosting packages allow for lots of mailboxes, so you can create addresses for friends and family.

Sebby 19:06 09 Oct 06

Okay thanks, I'll try and get creative. :-)

So can anyone help with a provider?

anskyber 19:12 09 Oct 06

I use these people for the same reason you want a domain. I do not say they are the cheapest, to be honest I do not know but it gave me what I wanted. click here

anskyber 19:16 09 Oct 06

Just a thought? click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

Where HTML5 is headed next

MacBook Pro v Surface Pro 5