Buying computers from Aldi

bukkaz 08:19 02 Dec 06

Further to the thread the other day someone said he wouldn't buy one from a supermarket, no after sales folow up, worries about warranties. As some better informed people told him it is best not to put things about wich you have no knowledge as you haven't dealt with them. As I said on the 30/11/06 I have a problem, entirely of my ownmaking and couldn't re-install some things off the application support disc as I have scratched it. Rang Medion explained the problem (not helped by the fact I had deleted the partition to restore to factory condition). Have had the computer for over two and a half years. Bloke at the other end said no problesm will put a support disc in the post, it might take up to 14 days though. Here is the good part, it arrived this morning 3 days after the request. So if anyone is thinking off buying a Medion computer from any source, including Aldi, have no fears about unsubstantiated claims of lack of support etc.

skidzy 08:29 02 Dec 06

Nice to know some supports have the consumer at heart.
Im sure some will be reassured by your posting Bukkaz.
Hope yours works out ok.

Sharpamatt 09:19 02 Dec 06

If you go to Medion Support pages
click here and enter the serial number of your system you will be able to download all of the information on the support CD

GANDALF <|:-)> 09:47 02 Dec 06

This highlights that it is best not to listen to people who have had a) no experience and b) have the quaint Victorian attitude that supermarkets cannot sell computers. I am typing this on a Medion.
amen

G

huzzar 09:53 02 Dec 06

I purchsed a Medion PC tower from Aldi last year and am completely over the moon with it. I will be upgrading it tomorrow.

jakimo 12:24 02 Dec 06

In my experience, Medion has always offered good value & after sales service.

I did find that the Aldi version had a slightly higher spec than the Medion sold in PC world

Jak_1 12:43 02 Dec 06

From what I have seem and from others I know who have bought PC's, and pc related items from Aldi, the have been no complaints. Your statutory rights are just the same and if there is a problem with the pc then using the manufacurers warranty system all should be well. Aldi do seem to have thought things out beforehand and sell items from a reputable manufacurer, at a very reasonable price too.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…