Buying a Computer Which one

753Df 09:12 03 Feb 09

I am thinking of buying a base unit, the kids use the computer for homework and obviously the Internet. Any idea what make and specifications I should go for and the price range is fron £200-£500.Any idea where from?

birdface 09:48 03 Feb 09

base unit in Aldie's this Thursday for £389.00
click here

Technotiger 10:27 03 Feb 09

That looks a good deal - tempted to get one myself ...

753Df 10:35 03 Feb 09

I am thinking of buying a base unit, the kids use the computer for homework and obviously the Internet. Any idea what make and specifications I should go for and the price range is fron £200-£500.Any idea where from? Would like to be Intel rather than AMD.

birdface 10:47 03 Feb 09

Was thinking about it as well but it says you need an HD Screen/Monitor.Also on the small writing at the bottom it says memory cards not supplied.I could afford the Base Unit but not a New Monitor as well.So looks like i will have to stick with the one I have at the moment.

Spark6 11:01 03 Feb 09

I'm another interested punter, I printed off the spec of this machine yesterday to try to make my mind up, and convince the 'other half'.

The memory cards you refer to are associated with the Flash memory card reader. As I understand it the base unit is supplied with 4GB of DDR2 SDRAM.

Technotiger 12:06 03 Feb 09

Yes, the card reader is supplied, but not the cards - I would not expect Cards to be included anyway. I already have a 22" Widescreen LCD/HD TV/Monitor.

birdface 12:15 03 Feb 09

Ok It was for the card reader.I was not sure what it was for.Thanks.They are cheap enough to buy.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…