Buying CD burner

Bald Eagle 17:14 12 Feb 03

I have bought a secondhand computer to take to France. I need to fit a CD burner before I go. Can anyone recommend a cheap one that comes bundled with Nero? I don't need anything posh because it will only be used for data disks, not music. Basically, this is so I can read and write discs between this and my other computer.

medicine hat 17:23 12 Feb 03

This one looks like it will meet your needs click here

pj123 23:07 12 Feb 03

have a look here click here £35 with Nero

suburban train 23:14 12 Feb 03

Try click here i got a liteon cd burner for about £40 read 48 write 48 rewrite 16 and it came with nero. No probs nippy little thing!

Ironman556 23:30 12 Feb 03

Anything should be decent for around £40. Just make sure it has buffer underrun protection... usually called just-link, or BurnProof.

armageddon_outta_here 23:32 12 Feb 03

some cd writers can do more than others. Search for website such as clonecd and see what they say about various cd writers.

Ironman556 23:45 12 Feb 03

I've had people tell me they've got a bit-perfect TDK Cyclone for £60! Not sure where they've got it from, but if you can get hold of one that cheap it's well worth the money. Don't get too hooked on speeds though, the newer and more expensive ones that write at 40x will do a 650MB disk in a minute. I have a 12x which writes a full disc in 12-15 mins.

click here

click here

spuds 01:14 13 Feb 03

Be a little watchfull on the Nero and Roxio bundling.I find that some of the bundling software can be a 'cut down'or special edition version,which eventually requires upgrading to the full product, at extra cost.

Bald Eagle 10:10 13 Feb 03

Thanks for the info folk. Sorry about slow response but my ISP (Affinity) is definitely having problems. Up to 10 redials to get online,cut offs at 5 mins. etc.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Surface PC live stream | Surface PC release date, price, spec rumours: All-in-one…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

Apple's event invitations decoded: A look back at 16 of Apple's most cryptic invites | Clues in…