Hey all.
I am loking to buy a new PC.
I use the PC for:

Playing Football Manager
Internet Browsing
Downloading and listening to music
Itunes- (Ipod Touch needs this)

That is basically all.
Also i would like to buy it from a shop or website where i can pay it up weekly, as it will take a little while to save £300 +

peter99co 18:48 29 Sep 10

Do consider saving up because it will work out a lot dearer if you do pay weekly/monthly.

isca2 22:34 29 Sep 10

As peter99co says think again. You will probably end up paying a couple of hundred£ more if you pay by weekly instalments, provided you find a firm that offers this ( rare ).

Johnny-1619955 13:45 30 Sep 10

It wil just take too long to save up. As i am at college and only work 3 days a week. One that i was looking at was priced at £480, £10 per week, no APR or anything.

Have a look at the small print, that seems too good to be true, but IF TRUE it will be paid off in less than 12 months! Also make sure that it is a brand new machine with guarantee - not a refurbished thingy!

Get the specs and post them here so that someone can advise you if this is good value.

Johnny-1619955 19:37 30 Sep 10

Ok, here was one of them, however i am now considering keeping my HP pavillion a1128 PC.
Here are the specs of my own PC,

Version 2002
SP3
AMD Athlon 64 processor
1.79Ghz
1gb ram

Now, here is alink to the page with other possible PCs

click here

Palomas 11:54 06 Oct 10

Friend do not buy this PC, it is not worth anymore than £50, you can buy a computer with much better spec from ebay for less than £50. It is many years outdated

Ian in Northampton 14:30 06 Oct 10

I'm sure you know that if you choose to pay by the week, you will pay far more than you should - those companies inflate their prices to 'compensate' for extended payment.

Palomas mentioned eBay. I'm not sure about £50, but this system here

click here

has a reasonably fast processor, 2GB of memory, an adequate hard drive and XP loaded for just £129. (I bought the cheaper £75 PC from the same seller and am pretty happy with it).

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now