//some 3rd party need geo

Buying 2 laptops help please

bof:) 18:31 26 Jun 05

Hi all,

A neighbour of mine has asked for advice about purchasing 2 laptops. This is the information I've been given:

Maximum spend per laptop is £500.

1st laptop to be used by 18 year old daughter who is doing a nursery nursing course at local colleage.

She also listens to mp3's and does the occasional bit of gaming.

Her birthday id early next month, so if possible would like laptop for then but if she has to wait thats ok.

2nd laptop to be used by office worker, who travels around th country. Needs to be able to fax via net.

If you have any ideas on these would you please let me know.

many thanks for all of your help,

Mike

dan11 20:30 26 Jun 05

The kids got this for me on fathers day. click here it's a bit over, but comes with a full XP disk. I find it very good, after I removed the rubbish.

One of my sons was impressed with it, he wanted a smaller version and not all the features, so he bought this for £499 at staples. click here

I intend swapping one of the 256Mb dimms in mine, to his. I will then put an extra 512Mb in mine. £1100 for the two and I think they are worth it. click here

bof:) 21:09 30 Jun 05

Hi dan11, thanks for the heads-up on the laptops you suggested.

Eventually my friend decided that she wanted to buy local so we ended up at our local Comet store and purchased 2 Acer laptops from there.

Many thanks again for your help, Mike

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…