To Buy Dreamweaver or not?

Elyse 15:14 03 May 05

I'm undertaking the endeavor of creating my first webpage. My HTML knowledge is pretty limited, so i'm looking for a WYSIWYG, visual web authoring/publishing program to help me.

Should i go ahead and shell out the money for dreamweaver or is there a freeware program that i could just download that will do the job just as well??

Pesala 18:15 03 May 05

There's a free copy of NetObjects Fusion on the April 2005 cover disk of PCA.

I would not recommend shelling out on Dream Weaver if you're new to web design. It is a powerful program, but has a steep learning curve by all accounts.

No there are not any free programs that are just as good as Dream Weaver, but there are free options that are viable such as Open Office, and WYSIWYG programs like Serif Page Plus 9, that are cheap, and very easy to use.

NetObjects Fusion gets my vote, as it is free on the cover CD, WYSIWYG, and easy to use (if you have done DTP before). It won't limit you as you progress to more ambitious designs.

Forum Editor 19:05 03 May 05

DreamWeaver is definitely not for beginners - no matter what Macromedia (or anyone else) might say. It's a great program, and no professional designer would be without it, but the learning curve is decidely steeper than that of other programs. It's far from cheap, and there are other options.

NetObjects Fusion is the program I would recommend - it's powerful enough for the most ambitious home designer, yet friendly enough for a complete newcomer to web design. It can certainly give most other programs a run for their money.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…