@ button not working

Rhuddlan 01:10 19 Jul 04

A friend of mine has a IBM 1400 i series laptop with win 98 and is attemping to set up the Intenet on it, when she puts her user name and password in she can't use the @ button, when she holds down shift and that @ button, the ' only appers, the keyboard is clean and all other buttons work, but she needs to put that @ in the complete her account set up, any ideas? Rhuddlan.

Night Ryder 02:24 19 Jul 04

You need to change your regional settings. You are using the wrong key map. For the time being if you hold shift and press the number 2 key you will get the @ to appear on the address line.

Graham ® 09:57 19 Jul 04

Start, Settings, Control Panel, Regional Settings, set to English (United Kingdom), Apply, OK, Restart?, OK.

If that doesn't correct it, your friend will need a Win 98 CD for the next step. Otherwise she will have to bear in mind that the @ key and " key are swapped.

Rhuddlan 13:34 19 Jul 04

OK thanks for the info guys, my friend doesn't have a 98 cd, just cd restore discs, so let's hope the regional settings in control panel work, cheers, Rhuddlan.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Hands-on: Acer Predator Triton 700 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This poetic animation about monsters is illustrated in a Van Gogh painterly style

Apple predictions 2017