@ button not working

Rhuddlan 01:10 19 Jul 04

A friend of mine has a IBM 1400 i series laptop with win 98 and is attemping to set up the Intenet on it, when she puts her user name and password in she can't use the @ button, when she holds down shift and that @ button, the ' only appers, the keyboard is clean and all other buttons work, but she needs to put that @ in the complete her account set up, any ideas? Rhuddlan.

Night Ryder 02:24 19 Jul 04

You need to change your regional settings. You are using the wrong key map. For the time being if you hold shift and press the number 2 key you will get the @ to appear on the address line.

Graham ® 09:57 19 Jul 04

Start, Settings, Control Panel, Regional Settings, set to English (United Kingdom), Apply, OK, Restart?, OK.

If that doesn't correct it, your friend will need a Win 98 CD for the next step. Otherwise she will have to bear in mind that the @ key and " key are swapped.

Rhuddlan 13:34 19 Jul 04

OK thanks for the info guys, my friend doesn't have a 98 cd, just cd restore discs, so let's hope the regional settings in control panel work, cheers, Rhuddlan.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…