Buslink External Hard Drive Not Recognised

rialto2531 14:30 13 Jan 05

My operating system is Win 2K. Mr problem is that I have Buslink external hard drive that in not being recognised by my desktop computer. It is USB connected. The software has been loaded and the computer at first recognises the HDD when it is first plugged in but fails to do so after a reboot. I have tried the drive on other computers all with success. They used Win 98 or XP.

Any suggestions I would be grateful.
Regards, Ken Tumber

Diodorus Siculus 10:00 15 Jan 05

An option would be to leave it unplugged when rebooting - then connect it when you are booted. Not ideal I know, but an option.

rialto2531 12:24 16 Jan 05

Thank you for replying,

I have tried your suggestion and what happened was:- Explorer did not find (access) the Buslink drive, so I left it on and rebooted. Again the same problem, an unidentified buslink – in Explorer. In Sytem Properties it was identified as a SCSI device and was highlighted with a “?” the explination “ Device cannot start ( code 10). I have also tried manually setting Resources within System Prperties. All, without success.

Again, Thanks for replying.
Yours, Ken Tumber

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

iPhone 9 and beyond: 32 amazing future smartphone developments - graphene, supercapacitor…