Business cards in Publisher 03.

24bitkid 19:17 02 Dec 05

Designed a great business card for myself using MS Publisher 03, but can't remember how to print them out as business cards. I have the special business card paper.

Have done it before - but can't figure out what I did. Any hints available?

Thanks.

ade.h 23:14 02 Dec 05

If by special business card paper, you mean the pre-cut stuff, I don't think Publisher will accomodate your needs. I've tried and tried to figure out whether Publisher (2000 in my case) can do what Word does and print to a pre-defined set of labels/cards. I find it a lot easier to use Word's Envelopes/Labels tool, in which you can customise and fine-tune the size/position of the cards. I know that's not what you really wanted to hear, given that you've already got a Publisher design, but it's the best suggestion I can give. The nearest option in Publisher is to print multiple cards per sheet (usually 8 or 10 I think, depending on their size) but I can no longer find this option despite my best efforts!

ade.h 23:16 02 Dec 05

And the position doesn't appear to be adjustable (should have added.)

wee eddie 23:36 02 Dec 05

It's from Avery, who make labels, but you need Word, I think.

click here

Klof Ron 11:50 03 Dec 05

In Publisher make sure you have the task pane shown on the left (right click on toolbar, tick task pane), click on multiple copies per sheet, go to File/Print Preview, if you see is what you want, set your printer prperties and print them out.

ade.h 15:45 03 Dec 05

I've had a look for that feature and I can't find it. The only toolbars that Publisher apparently has are Standard and Formatting. Is your suggestion specific to the 2003 version?

Klof Ron 18:09 03 Dec 05

I am using Publisher 2002, but I'm sure it's common to all versions. Rightclick on a blank area of the toolbar, if Task Pane is not there click customize and open the toolbars tab, from there tick task pane and proceed as above.

ade.h 18:45 03 Dec 05

Nothing like that in 2000. Here's a screenshot click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch Series 2 review | Apple Watch 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter,…