burnt cd's have crackling noises

Gnasher 00:47 18 Jun 03

I have tried burning some audio cd's and I always get crackling noises when played back. I have tried changing the writer from the original BTC to a Liteon but I get the same results. I have tried disabling antivirus, firewall etc, changed DMA settings, slower writing speeds, but no luck. Any ideas?

The machine used has a 1700XP cpu, 4G HD, 256MB ram, Win98. The liteon works perfectly well in my other machine XP2400, 40G HD, 512MB ram WinXP.

BBez 06:30 18 Jun 03

this is copy protection held within the sub-channel data on the original CDRom you are attempting to copy. Utils that you can search for include "clone cd" or "blindwrite suite" which have the ability to achieve bypassing the protection (c-dilla, copy-lok etc).

If that fails then get a good CD Ripping util (click here) and "backup" your original disc by converting the tracks to .mp3 first then burn the .mp3's to disc.

Gnasher 13:40 18 Jun 03

Thanks for replying.

I am burning mp3's. As I wrote earlier the problem does not occur in my other machine, so I assume there is something amiss in the settings of the first PC.

The first PC is a modified Packard Bell PentiumII with a new motherboard & processor. K7SEM & XP1700. I don't know the size of the power supply in the case. Could this be a problem.

Confab 15:47 18 Jun 03

Have you tried disabling all running apps (Ctrl, Alt, Del) and then burning at the lowest possible speed?

powerless 19:02 18 Jun 03

Burn at a lower speed.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

AMD Ryzen release date, specifications and features: Three CPUs from the Ryzen 7 range now…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Glassworks Barcelona shows how it captured the artistic imagination of Conor in A Monster Calls

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…