Burnning music cd's

MAGGX 20:18 02 Oct 04

Hi all.
help required.
I have spoken to various people read, lots and I'm still none the wiser.
I would like to make a back up copy of my music cd.s for myself.
I have tried copying etc. I have wmp9 and XP but when trying to play on my other cd players they just don't play. I use Memorex CD-RW cds have the format to audio in the wmp9. Whats wrong?
Do I need the Nero6 program? This has been driving me mad!
Any help PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE

easyrider 20:25 02 Oct 04

I use Roxio easy CD&DVD creator with no problem, although I think your problem is that you are using CD-RW discs . I believe RE-writeable discs do not play on all CD players.Try once only discs.

MAGGX 20:31 02 Oct 04

Hi Easyrider. What disc's you didn't say to use?
thanks.

stalion 20:33 02 Oct 04

cd-r or cd+r

easyrider 20:40 02 Oct 04

As stalion says use either CD-R or CD+R discs. Do not use CD-RW or CD+RW discs.

THE TERMINATOR 20:43 02 Oct 04

Don't use cd-rw disks to copy audio cd's they don't work in hi-fi players, only use cdr disks....TT

THE TERMINATOR 20:47 02 Oct 04

I use Imation cdr's and they have never let me down. You can get them from MORRISONS 30 for a tenner, or 100 for £30 from COMET. You can get them from other stockist but not any cheaper than those listed....TT

feb 20:48 02 Oct 04

Check the user manuals for your CD players, it will tell you which CD's it will play!

easyrider 20:51 02 Oct 04

Like THE TERMINATOR I use Imation but I have also used Memorex and TDK with no problem.

MAGGX 10:56 03 Oct 04

Hi all,
thanks for the information IT WORKS!
I used my wmp player libary and put the tracks stright to disc
MANY MANY thanks to all.

Stuartli 11:06 03 Oct 04

Glad it's sorted, but incidentally there's no such thing as a CD+R or CD+RW disk.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…