Burning/Ripping(?).

curlylad 17:51 14 Jan 04

I have just got my new PC with loads of new features including a DVD-Rw Multiformat (+&-) DVD Burner (copy DVD's and CD's).
I have never used this kind of hardware before and want to know :- 1) What are the definitions of Burner and Ripper?
2)If I do want to start copying DVD's and CD's have I got the correct hardware for this ?
3)Do I need to use any software for doing this and if so where can I get this software and also is the software free?
4)Can some one give me a link to a site that gives an explanation how do this or a tutorial regarding the subject ?

I know It's quite a big ask this one but I have faith in the calibre of you folks out there, so can anyone take this one on ?

Diodorus Siculus 18:12 14 Jan 04

Burning: the process of creating a CD/DVD - the data is "burned" onto the blank disk.

Ripping - taking the data from a CD/DVD and putting it onto another medium - eg taking a songs from a CD and saving them as MP3.

AheadNero is a good program for the burning process. It, or Roxio, may have come with your machine. Neither are free, but do come bundled with hardware.

DVDs cannot simply be copied - they need to be decoded into another format first. CDs can be copied directly if you have the permission of the copyright owner.

Rayuk 18:17 14 Jan 04

All you need to know re dvd
click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

New MacBook Pro 2017 release date, UK price and tech specs: Kaby Lake MacBook Pro to launch in…