BURNING (word doc) CD USING Windows XP - fault

RMonty 21:16 11 Dec 03

Can anyone just point me in the right direct please........

I am trying to burn onto CD's....word docs, picture etc and am having problems..so I went back to basic burning.....to see where a fault may lay.

Tried to copy ms word doc to CD using Windows XP....the reponse I get is either......
a) CD drive not responding or......
b) cannot complete CD writing wizard...error in writing process.

Haven't really burn't anything else to a CD yet.....is there a setting I may have messed up or ?????.......

Any help would be gratefully received...thanks

RMonty 21:51 11 Dec 03

.............could I have lost a connection or driver to my CD drive ???

My CD drive is not responding or even opening........

billyliv 00:26 12 Dec 03

Hi, First of all, (Please dont take this the wrong way). Are you sure that the CD/ROM you are attempting to burn to is a CD Re writer. Post details of your 'Hardware'. Cheers, Bill

RMonty 13:20 12 Dec 03

Details of my CD are : MSI CD-RW MS-8348

i did get a message when I was trying to load an old Easy CD prog.....which I found couldn't be loaded to windows XP.....and gort a message that my driver will be disabled.

Reason for me trying Easy CD was that my Nero Burning CD wasn't working correctly.

Thanks

Jester2K II 13:29 12 Dec 03

What version of Easy CD and what version of Nero?

XP won't support Easy CD below version 5.

What was wrong with Nero?

Smiler 15:02 12 Dec 03

What version of Nero was it and did you have the latest updates from here

click here

RMonty 19:20 12 Dec 03

Easy CD was old version 3.5.....and yes found that it wouldn't load to XP....this may have messed up my cd driver ??

My Nero was version 5.0 and when trying to burn to Cd just was failing.........I didn't have the upgrade to 5.5

billyliv 00:51 13 Dec 03

Hi, I will assume that you have gone into 'System Information' - 'Components' and checked that all your drivers are listed OK. (You have no Yellow exclamation marks) All I can suggest is - uninstal your re-writing programs, Re-instal one of them and try again. It is known that on some computers Two Writing programs can conflict with each other. When you are trying to use the Win XP writing program , do you get the balloon saying that 'You have files waiting to be written to CD'?. If not , you should have. ( Unless you have disabled 'Balloons'). Cheers, Bill

Smiler 10:27 13 Dec 03

Have you tried a restore point to a date before you tried to install roxio. then install nero 5.0 and update it here

click here

before you use it.

Stuartli 11:29 13 Dec 03

You don't need a driver for a CD/DVD-ROM drive or rewriters - the basic Windows driver is all that is required and will be installed automatically.

Also it's known that installing or using two burning programs can cause conflicts.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch 2 review | Apple Watch Series 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter, water-resit…