Burning TV Programmes To Disc

gcs_uk 03:30 14 Mar 04

I have some TV programmes which I have downloaded on my PC and have been told that it is possible to burn these onto CD Rom and then play the CD on your DVD player.

I thought I would need a DVD RW to do this but was told that I could make a VCD using my current burning software.

I have Nero 6 Ultra Edition so using the VCD options burned the programme to a CDRom but the first time I did this all that appeared on the screen was the title screen I created. I redid the operation but this time my DVD player said "incorrect disc".

I live in the USA and Nero told me that the majority of the file was in Pal format and would I wish to convert this to NSTC, as my DVD and TV is obviously in this format I said yes.

So do I have to buy a DVD RW to do this or is there something obvious which I am doing wrong.

Chegs ® 03:48 14 Mar 04

It could be the DVD Player isn't able to play the VCD's.Other than that,I can see no reason why these cd's shouldn't play.Do they work ok on a puter?

Chegs ® 04:06 14 Mar 04

click here

click here

There is also a possible explanation in these links(Courtesy of huggyg71)to do with "If every frame is interlaced (most TV news and shows), we must apply deinterlace " from arbor.ee.ntu

Sharpamatt 06:40 14 Mar 04

Try useing Cyberlink Power Producer, use the settings for you area and dont use submenues

gcs_uk 14:41 14 Mar 04

Looking at the contents of the burned disc I have the following folders containing the following folders.

CDI - cdi.imag.rtf,cdi_vcd.app,cdi_txt (fnt file)

EXT - lot_x.vcd, psd_x.vcd, scandata

MPEG - avseq01.dat

SEGMENT - item0001.dat

VCD - entries.vcd, info.vcd, lot.vcd, psd.vcd

No idea what all these are.

When I burned the disc I used a speed of 4 as I read somewhere that for some reason a lot of DVD players cant read the data if it is written faster.

gcs_uk 03:26 11 Apr 04

Problem solved it was the DVD player - tried the one in my bedroom and works fine. It cost a lot less than my main DVD player as well.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…