burning SUBTITLES onto DVD video

Silly Me 02:34 27 Jan 09

I sometimes need to include subtitles on my home-made back-up DVD's of certain movies, be it because the movie is in a foreign language, or if they're for my mother who is hard of hearing. Nero is the software i use, but I cannot find anywhere within NeroVision's front-end to add them (I have versions 7 & 9). I find that most subtitle files come as .SUB or .IDX formats. Can anyone help?

MAJ 09:54 27 Jan 09

You could try DVDFlick to add your subtitles click here They have quite a good user forum if you get stuck, but it looks pretty easy click here although I haven't done it myself.

eedcam 13:01 27 Jan 09

Do you mean add your own subtitles or are you burning a dvd with Subs and they are not being shown

Silly Me 16:08 09 Feb 09

I mean the subtitles are are a separate file (.sub or .idx) and when watching AVI's in VLC media player I simply click and drag & drop onto the media players view screen and the subs pop up instantly.

eedcam 18:25 09 Feb 09

Sorry did.nt notice you were not talking about proper dvd source Flick as suggested should do it

Silly Me 15:03 16 Feb 09

I can't even get DVD flick to produce a working DVD let alone one with subtitles, even tho it looks great and everything seems really straightforward. I think the problem may be that it uses a built in prog; 'Img Burn' to actually write the disc after transcoding everything. It even provides you with a game of tetris whilst finalising. Which is great, but unfortunately no good for writing DVD's !

Silly Me 13:14 23 Feb 09

I am going to attempt it the long way round using VirtualDub and all sorts of other incidental progs needed, when I have the time to sit down and get my head round it. Any tips will still be greatly appreciated.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

Where HTML5 is headed next

MacBook Pro v Surface Pro 5