Burning Software Pinaacle Studio 8 SE

amyjen7 13:09 13 Nov 03

After numerouse attempts I have finally got to grips with capture,edit and output. However, to what media should I write, inorder to watch my family movie on the standard DVD. Tried DVD+RW but no luck. I have a Sony Combo DVD Rom and CD-RW and a seperate Sony multy write DVD Burner(RW DW-U10A). My movie is captured in DVD form so my options appear varied. Can someone please pass on the benefit of their experience and tell me if I should capture my movie on my CD-RW or DVD Burner and the type of disk to use so all my family can watch it on the standard DVD player.

Thank you

MichelleC 13:22 13 Nov 03

Ideally you should be burning to mpeg2 for dvd (or svcd), or mpeg1 for vcd. The compression is greater for 1 than 2, so there'll be less quality on vcd than dvd. I believe there's burning probs on S8 for dvd so you may have to experiment. At last resort you can always render to avi and import that file into another editing prog.

amyjen7 11:02 16 Nov 03

MichelleC, Clearly you know what you are talking about but me I am a beginner what you say means very little to me. To reiterate, I have already succesfully captured, edited and burned, with excellent results for viewing on my Pc. However, the standard DVD player does not reconize the DVD+RW disk on which I have burned my movie. That aside the quality is excellent and I can't see mpeg2 improving that. What I would simply would like to know, what disk is widly excepted by a DVD player and should I burn to my DVD multi writer or CD writer. Sorry to be a nuisance but your help would be much appreciated

Wort 11.04. 16/11/03

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Switch price…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…