Burning a software cd

Can someone provide me with a step-by-step guide on burning a software cd with autostart on it. I am using Nero 6 and I have software on my computer which I want to put on discs.

Falkyrn 18:41 27 Apr 04

try downloading this ebook click here which has full instructions

wx622 18:53 27 Apr 04

The key to a fully working Autorun CD is the Autorun.inf file on the root of the CD. Copy all of your data files into one folder, then open this folder in Explorer, go to Tools, Folder Options, and check that Hide Known file extensions is unchecked. Then go back to the folder where your data files are stored and right-click, go to New, Text Document. Rename this as AutoRun.inf, and enter this text into it:

[autorun]
open=autorun\Autorun.exe
ICON=

Now find a suitable icon file for your data CD, such as Ico.icon (these are found in the Windows\System32 folder.

eg. [autorun]
open=autorun\Autorun.exe
ICON=Ico.ico

Now burn all the files onto the disc using Nero, as normal, but DO NOT drag and drop the folder you put all the data files into, drag and drop each individual file and folder in this folder you created. The CD should work fine...

Right, I have created a folder and it has a notepad with a 'cog' thing on it and the software I want to burn. There are folders within this folder is that okay? Then I just burn it as a data cd, yes?

Okay I have burnt it and when I put the cd in the drive it spins around and makes a noise but then it stops and nothing happens. What do you think I have done wrong?

Also if I double click on the drive it says "windows cannot find filename.exe' This program is needed for opening files of type 'File'

Type in the executable file to be used instead C:
Oh Dear!!

PaulOwen 20:02 27 Apr 04

I need some help on this too.

^

muppetmark 21:32 27 Apr 04

A total shot in the dark here if you want to be able to explore the data disc, copy explorer.exe to the disk, and edit autorun.inf to read

[autorun]
open=explorer.exe
icon=iconname.ico

Falkyrn 22:12 27 Apr 04

as muppetmark says the autorun.inf file has to be in the root directory ie not inside any folders it should contain something like

[autorun]
open=AutoPlay.exe

where autoplay exe is the name of the file to be run

What it says is - [autorun]
open=filename.exe
icon=iconname.ico

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This is the future of TV, VR and holograms

iPhone 7 review: Enhanced cameras, a refreshed design and water resistance make the iPhone 7 an…