burning software

vienna1981 18:25 03 Nov 03

Hi, I am going to purchase a CD-RW that doesnt come with software, my brother has nero express 5.5.9.9 which came bundled with his CD-RW, but I've heard that these things are specific to the CD-RW they come with. I don't have a lot of money to spend on burning software but was wondering if there were any good free ones out there? and if not which of the ones on sale are the best? I've heard some people like Nero but others use NTI CDMaker Pro, I've had problems in the past with CD-RWs in that I have received fatal excpetion errors during burning. Thanks in advance for all help.

powerless 18:32 03 Nov 03

"my brother has nero express 5.5.9.9 which came bundled with his CD-RW, but I've heard that these things are specific to the CD-RW they come with." - If you buy a CD-RW drive with Nero then usually - yes.

If you buy Nero seperate then no, it will work with any drive (providing it is supported).

Not sure on free ones.

vienna1981 18:36 03 Nov 03

i found this free software, does anyone know if it's any good click here

lixdexik 18:38 03 Nov 03

would not be specific to that machine, it will work with many models. as for freebies, PCA gave away a freebie cd burner prog in one of the recent mags. NTI CD-MAKER. See if you can get a back issue. or if you like, email me and i'll send you the disk I have.

But I am sure there will be many freebies to be had on the net.

Cheers Lixdexik.

huddy1710 22:37 03 Nov 03

There is a new ver of nero follow the link to the demo page
click here
Most burning software will have demos. Download and try, then buy the one u like best

Qmar 06:00 04 Nov 03

create audio cd , option

anchor 08:35 04 Nov 03

Certainly the copy of Nero that came with my Evesham was specific to the CD burner supplied. It did not work with an alternative burner.

pj123 11:20 04 Nov 03

All the CD/RWs that I have bought always come with Nero Burn. I would suggest you don't buy a CD/RW unless it does come with burning software. Two places you could try (which I use) are click here and click here Prices start from ?35.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…